Spring has finally sprung. What a relief to exchange those mitts and toques for spring attire and expose that – oh so in need of attention – skin, hair, and nails that have been suffering beneath your winter gear all season.
Thankfully, spring is the time for rejuvenation – on the inside and out! Here are four essential hair, skin, and nail tips for Spring:
1. Eat Well
A well-balanced diet is key to overall health, including healthy hair, skin, and nails. As part of this, be sure that your diet includes:
- Vitamin C from berries, leafy greens, and citrus fruits
- Healthy fats, such as omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon and flaxseed oil, as well as monounsaturated fats found in avocados and olive oil
- Vitamin A from sweet potatoes, cantaloupes, mangoes, spinach, broccoli, kale, and eggs
- Vitamin E from almonds, spinach, and sunflower seeds
- Biotin from eggs, peanuts, legumes, and whole grains
2. Natural Health Products
Sometimes diet is not enough to meet all of your nutritional needs. Natural health products can help fill dietary gaps and provide a convenient way to support your hair, skin, and nails from the inside. Effective products include:
- Beauty from Within with Olive Extract and Hyaluronic Acid
- Pycnogenol 100 mg for antioxidant support
- Ultra Multi Plus for a broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals
3. Get a Fresh Trim
Whether you have straight, wavy, or curly hair, the primary rule of growing healthy locks is getting regular trims. This helps remove split ends and reduce breakage.
Similarly, trimming your nails can help mitigate their breakage and reduce their load of dirt and bacteria. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, trimming your fingernails is a vital aspect of your hand hygiene .
Pamper your skin into spring condition with a thorough moisturizing treatment. For cuticles, hands, and feet, this can be as simple as massaging them with coconut oil followed by a pair of cotton socks and moisture gloves before bed.
Treat your face to a DIY moisturizing mask made from wholesome pantry staples such as:
- Mashed banana and yogurt
- Whipped egg white and honey
These hair, skin, and nail tips will have you looking and feeling fresh, ready to enjoy all Spring has to offer!
 CDC. “Nail Hygiene.” Water, Sanitation & Environmentally-Related Hygiene. Web 28 February 2017.