You May Also Like
L-Arginine, an amino acid, supplementation has been shown to be beneficial in a number of cardiovascular diseases including angina pectoris, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, and peripheral vascular insufficiency (decreased blood flow to the legs or arms). Its beneficial effect in all of these disorders shares a common mechanism - increasing nitric oxide levels. Nitric oxide plays a central role in regulating blood flow. By increasing nitric oxide levels, arginine supplementation improves blood flow, reduces blood clot formation, and improves blood fluidity (the blood becomes less viscous and, therefore, flows through blood vessels more easily). The degree of improvement offered by arginine supplementation in angina and other cardiovascular diseases can be quite significant as a result of improved nitric oxide levels.
L-Arginine supplementation is often, but not always, an effective measure to improve male fertility. The critical determinate appears to be the level of the sperm count. If sperm counts are less than 20 million per mL, arginine supplementation is less likely to be of benefit. In order to be effective, it appears that the dosage of L-Arginine be at least 4 g a day for three months. In perhaps the most favourable study, 74% of 178 men with low sperm counts had significant improvements in sperm counts and motility. L-Arginine therapy should be reserved for use after other nutritional measures have been tried.
L-Arginine (corn sugar)................................. 500 mg
Uses and benefits
- Promotes wound healing
- Enhances immune function
- Detoxifies the bodyImproves blood flow, blood viscosity, and reduces blood clot formation
- Beneficial for angina pectoris, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, and peripheral vascular insufficiency (decreased blood flow to the legs or arms)
- Improves erectile function by improving blood flow to erectile tissues
- Significant improvements in sperm counts and motility with arginine supplementation
- In younger people L-Arginine may boost the natural output of growth hormone
Children: Not suitable for children unless under the supervision of a health care practitioner.
Pregnancy and Nursing: Although it is considered safe during pregnancy and lactation, we recommend that it should not be used unless under the supervision of a health care practitioner.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.