Low-fat dairy products are reliable sources of essential vitamins and minerals – but they’re not for everyone. Some people suffer from lactose intolerance, making dairy products uncomfortable to digest . Also, if you’re prone to non-cystic acne, you may notice that consuming milk products can trigger breakouts .
No matter the reason, when you’re committed to dairy-free eating, cooling summer treats can be tricky to find. This recipe for dairy-free cherry banana ice cream is so deliciously rich and creamy, you’ll feel good about serving it to friends and family.
Cherry Banana Dairy-Free Ice Cream
The rich, creamy texture of this ice cream is achieved using coconut milk, while the sweet, fruity flavour is naturally derived from whole fruits – no need for added sweeteners or extracts! It also contains antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fibre, while meeting the needs of dairy-free, vegan, and paleo diets.
- 2 cups fresh, pitted cherries
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Slice banana and cherries, freeze until solid
- In a food processor, process frozen fruit on high until it forms a fine, grainy texture
- Add coconut milk and process on low until the liquid is just combined
- Transfer to a sealable container and freeze for approximately 20 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
 Rozenberg, S., Jean-Jacques Body, Olivier Bruyere, et al. 98.1, 2016: 1-17. Web. 29 July 2016.
 Ulvestad, M., E. Bjertness, F. Dalgard, et al. 2016. Web. 29 July 2016.