2 tbsp avocado oil
1/2 cup white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups red bell pepper, chopped
1 – 796ml (28oz) can no salt added diced tomatoes
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp pink salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
1/4 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
4 whole eggs
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped (optional for garnish)
1. Heat a cast iron skillet on medium high heat. Once warm, add avocado oil and onions. Saute until onions are translucent.
2. Add remaining skillet ingredients and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10-15 minutes until mixture is reduced. Taste and adjust as needed.
3. Make 4 holes in the skillet mixture. Crack 1 egg into each hole.
4. Cover pan with a lid. Check every 2 minutes until the eggs are cooked to your preference.
5. Garnish with cilantro, if using, and serve.