60 Vegetarian Capsules (SKU 1756)
- Relieves symptoms of inflammatory conditions of the GI tract
- Soothes occasional digestive complaints
- Protects and heals the cell lining of the stomach and intestines
- Promotes healthy immune function
- Helps prevent antibiotic-associated diarrhea
- Product informationProduct information
- Nutritional factsNutrition
- Advanced infoExtra
Natural Factors Gastro-Assist provides comprehensive gastrointestinal support, helping to soothe occasional digestive complaints including diarrhea, constipation, bloating, gas, and heartburn. This unique combination of mastic gum, probiotics, zinc L-carnosine, and chamomile helps protect the stomach and intestines by supporting healthy gut microflora and healthy immune function.
|Each capsule contains:|
|Mastic powder (Pistacia lentiscus) (gum)||130 mg|
|Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum|
|BB536® (whole cell)||5 billion cfu*|
|Saccharomyces boulardii (whole cell)||2.5 billion cfu*|
|Zinc L-carnosine (polaprezinc)||18.75 mg|
|Chamomile extract 4:1|
|(Matricaria recutita) (flower)||100 mg|
|*cfu: colony forming units|
Non-Medicinal IngredientsMicrocrystalline cellulose, vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), silica, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
- Gastro-Assist contains key functional ingredients that together promote the health of the intestinal tract, help to encourage a healthy gut flora balance, and support a balanced intestinal inflammatory response to normal internal and environmental stressors.
- Used in herbal medicine to help relieve inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Helps to reduce the risk of antibiotic-associated diarrhea.
Gastro-Assist from Natural Factors is a synergistic formula that relieves symptoms of inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract including diarrhea, constipation, bloating, gas, and heartburn. It also promotes healthy gut microflora, and protects and heals the mucous membranes of the stomach and intestines.
Gastro-Assist contains mastic gum, a resin obtained from the mastic tree, which grows almost exclusively in Greece. Mastic gum can soothe symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn and abdominal discomfort. It also offers relief from stomach and intestinal ulcers, and guards against bacterial and fungal infections.
Gastro-Assist features two probiotics: BB536® and Saccharomyces boulardii. BB536 is a proprietary strain of Bifidobacterium longum that is clinically proven to increase levels of beneficial bacteria in the gut and support healthy immune function. S. boulardii is a yeast used extensively as a probiotic to treat acute and recurrent antibiotic-associated diarrhea. It has anti-inflammatory activity and is used to relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive ailments.
This comprehensive formula also includes soothing chamomile, for the relief of stomach ailments associated with inflammation and bacterial overgrowth. Zinc L-carnosine is added to help protect and heal the cells lining the mucous membranes of the stomach and intestines, and to support natural immunity.