60 Capsules (SKU 4590)
- Helps treat and prevent varicose veins, as well as improving their appearance
- Strengthens vessel walls and enhances blood circulation
- Reduces the feeling of tired, heavy legs, edema, swelling, and bruising
- Useful in chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) and hemorrhoids
- Product informationProduct information
- Nutritional factsNutrition
- Advanced infoExtra
Horse Chestnut &Grape Seed formula combines two proven nutrients for vein health. Horse chestnut improves venous tone and blood flow, and inhibits enzymes that can weaken blood vessels, causing varicose veins and hemorrhoids. Antioxidant grape seed extract protects capillaries, veins and arteries from free radical damage.
|Each Capsule Contains:|
|Horse Chestnut Extract (Aesculus hippocastanum) (seed) (18% Aescin [Triterpene Glycoside])||300 mg|
|GrapeSeedRich® Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera) (seed) (95% Polyphenols)||50 mg|
Non-Medicinal IngredientsRice powder, gelatin capsule (gelatin, purified water), vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant), silica.
- Used in herbal medicine to help treat varicose veins and chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) and associated symptoms.
Varicose veins are often caused by enzymes that destroy the proteoglycan network in the veins, which reduces the strength of vessel walls, causing the veins to dilate and pool blood. Aescin (escin), a triterpenoid isolated from horse chestnut, helps to inhibit these damaging enzymes, increases the tone of the veins and improves return blood flow to the heart.
Grape seed extract works synergistically with horse chestnut to strengthen blood vessels, reduce bruising and inhibit the tendency to develop varicose veins. The helpful flavonoids in grape seed extract, called proanthocyanidins or leucoanthocyanins, are superior antioxidants, protecting capillaries, veins and arteries from free radical damage. Grape seed flavonoids enhance the performance of vitamin C, essential for collagen formation.