You don’t need a fancy recipe to enjoy eating fresh spring produce. But a great Spring recipe is hard to ignore – especially when healthy seasonal ingredients are right at your fingertips.
To enjoy real spring flavors while maintaining the full spectrum of vitamins, minerals, and other phytonutrients, keep your preparation as light and breezy as the season!
Spring Recipe: Radish Butter Spears
The following recipe is quick to prepare, delicious to eat, and beautiful enough to serve at your next soirée. The crisp, peppery nature of radishes pairs perfectly with the creamy contrast of either vegan or grass-fed butter. Serve on endive spears for a refreshing, crumb-free alternative to crackers.
- 10 fresh medium radishes
- 4 tbsp of vegan butter or unsalted grass-fed butter, well softened
- 10 firm endive leaves (spears)
- Sea salt, ground
- Pepper, fresh ground
- Remove leaves and stems from the radishes
- Using a grater with large holes, grate radishes
- Transfer to a strainer and gently press out excess water
- In a medium bowl, mix grated radishes with softened butter until well combined
- Spoon approximately 1 tbsp of radish butter onto the end of each endive spear
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and pepper to taste